Frequently Asked Questions
- How much will it cost?
- We have such a wide range of products that it is not practical to keep all the lists on the site, but please telephone or email for prices. As a very rough guide, most stoves range from £600 to £2500 with some as much as £6000, complete fireplaces range from about £600 to £3000, sometimes even up to £20,000.
- Do you deliver/install?
- Yes, we have our own fully qualified and experienced in–house installation teams. We are CORGI, and GAS SAFE REGISTER registered for gas and HETAS registered for real fire installations. We are equally happy to simply deliver your new fire, or work with your choice of independent installer or builder to facilitate installationWe install throughout Surrey and West Sussex, and in parts of Kent, Hampshire, South West London, Berkshire
- I am coming to visit you, what information should I bring?
- It is always helpful to have a few dimensions of the chimneybreast and the room sizes etc. A digital photo of the fireplace and the chimney on the outside can also be very useful – a picture paints a thousand words so they say. For chimney liners and flue enquiries we will be looking for a picture of the house from the outside which shows the general context of the existing chimney or the position of the new flue so that we can estimate height, clearance from surrounding features and importantly accessibility.
- Can you send a salesman to me?
- We operate primarily from the showroom, which is where we display and sell the products. As part of our installation service we will carry out a site visit to confirm that everything ordered in the showroom can be fitted. However we can tell a lot from a picture and a few basic dimensions – so we can normally give you a pretty accurate assessment of costs before you commit to purchase.
- Do you sell Aga’s or Range Cookers?
- Yes, we are proud to say we are now stockists of the Redfyre and Wamsler range cookers. Redfyre is very similar in looks to the Aga and can be run on Oil, Gas or Electricty, whilst the Wamsler is a woodburning range cooker and/or boiler. Our cooker showroom is at our Guildford showroom, or see www.redfyrecoookers.co.uk
- Do you sweep chimneys?
- No, sorry but try checking the Yellow Pages for Chimney Sweeps. We always recommend the use of a NACS or HETAS registered chimney sweep.
We do sell pre-packed logs and firelighters at the shop.
- Do you sell fuel?
- We do sell pre-packed bags of very high quality kiln dried logs, kindling and compressed woodchip logs from Certainly Wood. These cost a little more than some of the local suppliers but are well worth the money for the guarantee of a really super fire. We also have lists of local suppliers, or look in Yellow Pages under Firewood.
- Do you sell Pellet Stoves?
- Pellet Stoves are an emerging market. We have dipped our toe in this market, and as a consequence we do have one ex-display MCZ pellet stove for sale – please contact the showroom for details. As a new industry in the uk standards are rapidly evolving – especially with regards to flueing and the quality of available fuels. We expect to see the new generation of pellet stoves arriving in the showroom during the course of the year with manufacturers such as Rika leading the way.
- Do you offer credit terms/interest free credit?
- Invariably YOU end up paying for the credit somewhere and it is normally cheaper to arrange this through your own bank, that way we keep our prices competitive. Of course we accept Visa and Mastercard.
- What area do you cover?
- For installations we cover the following areas (in almost alphabetical order…..)Ashtead, Arundel, Ashford, Albury, Ascot, Bolney, Bookham, Billingshurst, Bracknell, Camberley, Coulsdon, Carshalton, Cowfold, Compton, Caterham, Crawley, Cranleigh, Cobham, Dorking, Dunsfold, Epsom, East Molesey, East Clandon, Esher, Effingham, Egham, Englefield Green, East Horsley, East Grinstead, Fetcham, Findon, Fleet, Farnham, Guildford, Gomshall, Godalming, Godstone, Grayshott, Haslemere, Hindhead, Handcross, Horsham, Hampton, Henfield, Ifield, Ifold, Jacobs Well, Kirdford, Kingswood, Kingston, Lightwater, Lingfield, Leatherhead, Loxwood, Midhurst, Mannings Heath, Milford, Newdigate, Oxted, Oxshott, Pulborough, Petworth, Puttenham, Purley, Quebec (joke), Richmond, Ripley, Reigate, Storrington, Steyning, Sharpthorne, Shepperton, Storrington, Sunbury, Sutton, Staines, Send, Smithbrook, Slinfold, Sunningdale, Sunninghill, Twickenham, Teddington, Thames Ditton, Upper Hale, Virginia Water, Weybridge, Westerham, Warlingham, West Molesey, West Chiltington, Woking, West Horsley, Worthing, Wimbledon,West Clandon, Witley, Wisley, Yateley….., , and all the villages between.
- Do you cover West Sussex?
- The answer is emphatically YES. Our Holmwood showroom is only 10 minutes over the border into Surrey and much of our business is in Sussex.
- I’ve never used a woodburner before – are they easy to use?
- Yes, it takes a few days to get used to getting the best out of them, and we can explain the best techniques, but yes they are actually very simple and safe to operate. Seeing is believing – so come on in to the showrooms and we can demonstrate them to you.
- Do you Price Match?
- We are not in the habit of offering hollow guarantees and so we cannot give a blanket promise to be able to match prices. However, we do get asked and in most cases we can match or beat any written price offer from a business for a VAT registered product.If the price match is to an internet product then our service level would be equivalent – ie the product will be delivered to your door by a carrier, or collected from our store, but we will not get involved in installation of the product.Where the price is for installation we will do our best to match but since our installations are carried out in house by our employed staff we cannot compete with a self employed, non VAT registered engineer with no overheads and none of the red tape that goes with it.
If we can’t get to the price we will let you know and you will have lost very little by giving us the opportunity.
If the price is too good to be true we will also let you know as we have recently heard of a spate of “cross selling” where the product ordered is found to be unavailable and the internet company then come back and suggests an alternative.